To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
Champion Creatively Alive Children
Attention: Anita DeChellis
|Description:||In collaboration with the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), Crayola offers an annual grant program entitled Champion Creatively Alive Children. This program provides grants for innovative, creative leadership team building within elementary and middle schools. Up to 20 grants are available from Crayola to help educators explore the “what if...” opportunities to develop a school creative leadership team that deliver professional development and innovative programs that inspire educators to increase arts-infused education. Preference is given to applications that emphasize:|
• Innovation: generate new ideas that build colleagues’ creative capabilities and confidence.
• Collaboration: school wide, parents, or community involvement.
• Sustainability: ability to implement beyond grant funding; long-term embedment is preferred over an event.
• Leadership: focus on articulating a shared vision, collaborating to increase creative experiences, and enriching assessment to account for children’s creativity.
• Arts-infused education: the program and budget should have particular emphasis on integrating visual arts into other aspects of school curriculum and assessment.
Applications should be emailed or faxed. Applications must be submitted by an elementary school principal, in the United States or Canada, who is a NAESP member. If the principal is not a member, he or she can join at www.naesp.org. Educators whose schools received this grant in the previous year are not be eligible to apply for a grant.
Early Bird Bonus: Applications received by the early bird deadline win a Crayola product Classpack.
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter|
|Award(s):||The school receives $2,500 to implement the project and $1,000 worth of Crayola products.|
|Deadline(s):||Applications are due by June 23, 2017. Applications received by June 5, 2017, qualify for Early Bird Bonus.|
|Focus:||Community Involvement, General Education|
Themes and Skills:
|Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Innovation|