To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
Crayola/NAESP Champion Creatively Alive Children
Attention: Anita DeChellis
|Description:||In collaboration with the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), Crayola offers an annual grant program entitled Crayola/NAESP Champion Creatively Alive Children. This program provides grants for innovative, creative leadership team building within elementary schools. Up to 20 grants will be available from Crayola to help educators explore the “what if...” opportunities to develop a school creative leadership team that focuses on increasing arts-infused education school wide. Preference will be given to applications that emphasize:|
• Innovation: generate new ideas that build colleagues’ creative capabilities and confidence.
• Collaboration: school wide, parents, or community involvement.
• Sustainability: ability to implement beyond grant funding; long-term embedment is preferred over an event.
• Leadership: focus on articulating a shared vision, collaborating to increase creative experiences, and enriching assessment to account for children’s creativity.
• Arts-infused education: the program and budget should have particular emphasis on integrating visual arts into other aspects of school curriculum and assessment.
Applications should be emailed or faxed. Applications must be submitted by an elementary school principal, in the United States or Canada, who is a NAESP member and intends to be a NAESP member during the following school year. If the principal is not a member, he or she can join at www.naesp.org. Educators whose schools received this grant in the previous year will not be eligible to apply for a grant.
Early Bird Bonus: Applications received by the early bird deadline will win a Crayola product Classpack.
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter|
|Award(s):||The school will receive $2,500 to implement the project and $1,000 worth of Crayola products.|
|Deadline(s):||Applications are due by June 22, 2015, at midnight (EST). Applications received by midnight (EST) on June 8, 2015, qualify for Early Bird Bonus.|
|Focus:||Community Involvement, General Education|
|Grade Level(s):||K-2, 3-5, 6-8|
Themes and Skills:
|Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Innovation|