To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
I Love My Librarian Award
|Sponsored by Carnegie Corporation of New York, The New York Times, American Library Association|
|Contact:||Megan McFarlane, Campaign Coordinator|
American Library Association
50 East Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
|Description:||The Carnegie Corporation of New York and New York Times I Love My Librarian Award recognizes the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians. To nominate a librarian in your community, consider the following questions:|
1. Why should your nominee win this award? What sets him or her apart?
2. How has the nominee helped you or students at school? For example, did the nominee help you with a project, recommend resources, or collaborate with you to enhance student learning?
3. How does the nominee make the school a better place?
4. How has the library, and the nominee in particular, had an impact on students and the learning process?
5. How has the individual demonstrated leadership in the school community?
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)|
|Award(s):||Ten librarians each will receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque, and a $500 travel stipend to attend an awards reception hosted by The New York Times, in New York City. In addition, a plaque will be given to each award winnerís library.|
|Deadline(s):||Nominations are due September 12, 2014.|